Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bridal Showers

I've been to my fair share of bridal showers. I always enjoy attending a bridal shower of a good friend. BUT...and you knew that there was one coming! But, I find it very frustrating and especially insulting, to be invited to a bridal shower for someone that hasn't or isn't going to invite me to the wedding. Where do those brides get off? Seriously? There is one exception, and that is if your boss or coworker throws you a bridal shower. Work showers fall under completely different rules. Reason being; it would be more of an insult at work to not be invited to a department function, which is how anything that involves cake is viewed. Do I claim to be an "wedding know it all"? No, I do not. I am however, in my 30's and any woman in her 30's has earned the right to tell strangers, on a blog, what gets their panties in a wad.
I opted for a chocolate fountain with goodies, cake, and punch for Carrie's bridal shower. Of which, I bought the cake, the chocolate (I owned the chocolate fountain) and the decorations. I sent the pre-printed bridal shower invitations (best kept secret EVER!!! vistaprint.com) to the bridesmaids, as well as the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom two months before the actual shower, along with a list of items to bring. I delegated every detail of the shower and asked that everyone show up 45 minutes early for set up. Not only was everyone well aware of what was going on, they appreciated that I wasn't a pain in the ass. There's nothing truly worse about a wedding than a pain in the ass MOH. So as you're planning things with the bride, remember to be proactive in her requests, but leave the bitchy attitude to the bride. People expect the bride to get stressed out; no one will be forgiving of your BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment