Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bride's Maids Nitty Gritty

There's no real kind way to put this...you're going to run into the bride's maid that honestly believes that she was supposed to be the MOH, and had you not been standing in the way of it, she would have been the "Maid of Honor". This is the bride's maid that likes to play "who's the better friend" game. She'll have bigger and better stories about the fun times that she and the bride have had. She'll also challenge you to trivia about the bride's life and times. Don't worry about being able to recognize this individual coming, you'll recognize her intentions instantly. As did I...
One week prior to Carrie's engagement party, I recieved a call from one of the other bride's maids. I cursed to myself as she said hello and inquired about the engagement party. This individual has never been someone that I've been happy to see. Besides the fact that her reputation as a trouble maker has reached its way into every corner of town, she's an insincere person. And high on my list of reasons that I don't associate with different people, insincerity is one of them. By the time that I hung up with SS (shit stirer) she informed me that she would be bringing appetizers that the bride and groom loved and "asked her to make all the time", she would be coming very early to make sure that everything was "just right", AND "she's so glad that I had the time to be Carrie's MOH, because she was simply too busy!" Translation "I should have been the MOH, and Carrie only picked you because you have no life." The truth: when Carrie's ever needed me or vice versa, we've been there for each other. We've never had to "play up" who we are as people to look glamorous for the other. Carrie and I accept each other as the woman that we are, and aspire to be. I didn't attempt to justify my friendship with Carrie, as I knew that she was not capable of understanding anything that I had to say. She ended up self destructing her way out of the wedding the day after she didn't show up to the engagement party anyway. Which made me very sad for Carrie. I never intended to stack my friendship with Carrie against hers, to see who stacked it higher. I intended to let her do her thing and hope like hell that everything would be ok, because at the end of the day, my only concern was that Carrie had beautiful memories. My best advice to deal with someone like this, is to let them make an ass out of themselves, people like that dig holes and fall into them all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment